Welcome to Israel! ברוכים הבאים לישראל I left Newark Airport on Monday, January 12, 2009 aboard British Airways Flight 0184 to Heathrow (London). Aboard the 6 hour flight, I slept, listened to music, and watched Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 (finally!), which btw includes scenes from Kent, CT (although they call it Vermont) - so exciting! We love Kent! I also watched (well kinda fell asleep) to Vicky, Christina, Barcelona - a phenomenal movie with a phenomenal soundtrack, which also just recently won a Golden Globe Award for best film comedy or musical.
When we landed in London, as I walked off the plane I spotted a girl I recognized from Maryland and we began to talk. So funny that we were on the same flight and both going to Hebrew U for the semester. We also met two girls who had been sitting behind me, as they too were on their way to Hebrew U.
We had just enough time at Heathrow to go through border control, security, and sit for maybe 3 minutes, and then get back on the next plane. In the airport though, I heard someone call my name. I turn, and it is a girl that had worked at camp this summer as a JC. I had just seen her a few days ago at the reunion, but she too was on her way to Israel for a few months.
Now on British Airways flight 0165 to Tel Aviv, I am exhausted. I don't even know what time it is, but the plane takes off and I fall asleep. The next 4 hours to Tel Aviv, I sleep mostly, but soon the plane lands and I am in beautiful Israel!
No comments:
Post a Comment