Sunday, February 15, 2009

10 days ago.... oopsie!

So as some of you have learned... I am having a problem called - no internet. 
Therefore, my blogging time has been reduced... sorry..

Shabbat Feb 6-7: Ramah Shabbaton at Bayit Vagan Guesthouse.
It was a fun weekend. Fun to see people visiting from the states, other camp people spending the year/semester in Israel, and Mishlachat. I had a lot of opportunities to think about the summer and how I'm not sure if I really want to go back or what I want to do exactly if I am back.. I'm going still as of now, but need some help deciphering what I should do... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.. 

Saturday night Dinner @ Tal Bagels on Emek R'faim.

Sunday Feb 8: Ulpan. Went to Mishlachat Interviews at Dan Panorama Hotel.
It was super fun! Really cool to see the behind the scenes process of hiring Israelis to come work at camp. We got to sit in on an interview, and also meet some of the people they already committed to hiring. Really fun! After, Rena, Amy, Micah and I went to Cup of Joe and I got delicious soup. Then, Amy and I went to Malcha Mall where we walked around and shopped a bit. I bought a really cute new tank top - very Israeli, but also very summery.. not sure if I'll be able to wear it too much yet, but it was such a good deal! 80% off. it was like 53 shek which is like $12. Amy also had the fine experience of being hit on by a shoe salesman.. probably one of the funniest things that has happened yet since we've been here. too too funny!!

Monday Feb 9: 
Ulpan. Mr. Zol Grocery Shopping...
Body Sculpting/Aerobics at the Gym w. Heidi and Alana Tillman
- super fun! all in Hebrew! even more hilarious!
Party in Talpiot!!
We went to a club in Talpiot. Some Israelis were organizing a party at a club and arranged to have a bus for Americans and to give us free entry b/c they wanted us there. I was unsure I really wanted to go esp b/c I hadnt been feeling to well but I was in the mood so I went. Turned out we had a really fun time. It felt very American  but towards the end there was a lot better of a ratio and so more fun. A great time.


Tuesday Feb 10: Election Day - יום בחירות
In Israel that means no school.
I went with Helene and Elana Neshkes (my new friend fr CA) to Ein Kerem!
So beautiful!! Check out my Photos on Picasa!
It felt like we left israel and went to some Mediterranean city. It was beautiful! It has several Christian holy sites - Church of St. John the Baptist, Church of Visitation, Mary's Spring. 
We had a fabulous day and also the best gelato I've ever tasted! and no stomach ache to follow!!
Of course, we got stuck in the pouring rain and got drenched, but went to Tmol Shilshom for soup where we bumped into Aliza and Rena and then joined them afterward to go to the movies - we saw Waltz with Bashir. The Israeli film that won best foreign film at the Golden Globes. a REally really interesting film.

Wed Feb 11:
Ulpan Test
Brit Milah of my new baby cousin!
Chen (Noam's wife) just gave birth to twins - one boy, one girl. I went with the whole family to the bris which was near Rishon L'tziyon I think. It was at a beautiful venue and so nice to be able to be there with the family. 
Also funny side note - when we left, all my cousins snuck home extra soda bottles from the tables and extra tea bags that were out! It was hilarious!!! Such an example of Israeli culture!!!
When I got back to Jerusalem, I joined my friends on Emek for dinner at Luciano as Arielle Kane's dad was in town and took us out which was super nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment