Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm soo behind...

Okay. Sorry. Quick Recap if I can..

Blind Museum in Tel Aviv on Tuesday.
Friday - Horseback Riding with Hebrew University on a beach near Netanya.
Shabbat in the Kfar. We had a big shabbas dinner, and then i slept almost the entire day Saturday.
Saturday night we went to the Israel vs. Greece World Cup Qualifier Soccer Game. Soo fun! We got there a bit late b/c of shabbas and so we stood on these metal scaffolding type poles in the back of the stadium to watch the whole game. I had to balance by holding on to my friends next to me and trusting that the 1 in. wide piece of metal between my feet would be fine.

The next week was midterms week so lots of studying and working. Spent alot of time at Cup O Joe. But.. after midterms = PESACH VACATION!!!

I went to Eilat with Gabrielle for 3 days!
BEST IDEA EVER!! it was the best thing we could've done that weekend. an awesome vacation, beach, sun, swiimming, a nice tan. so relaxing!
Back to Jerusalem Sunday night.

Then Monday morning at 6am - SHIRA ARRIVES!!!!
Shira visited for a week. So So SO So amazing having her here!!! I needed that!!
She, Theise, and I ventured over to the Chava in San Simon where we stayed on Seminar. It was so fun to see the place. And we got to visit with Michal Chacham for a bit too! (Aliza and Jessica were in a meeting though) We met up with some friends by the shuk for dinner too.

Tuesday was Yom Shira. Rena and I took her around Jerusalem. Mamilla, Old City, Yemin Moshe, Emek, and a wonderful homemade dinner in the Resnick Pesach apartment in Baka (love using an oven!).

Wednesday - Shira and I went into town to get our last bit of chametz. We ran into Deborah in Cafe Hillel! Yay friends visiting J-lem! Also of course ran into a thousand others whom we know but thats typical Jerusalem, especially on Pesach.

Wed afternoon I visited my Grandpa where my Great Aunt Esther and Great Uncle David and 2nd Cousin, Omer were visiting. It was really nice to see David and Esther - haven't seen them since the last time I was in Israel and before that since Jessie's Bat Mitzvah.

Then, I went over to Aunt Aliza's apartment where I was having Seder.
It was really nice to be with them for seder and to see a different style of having pesach seder - they have some traditions/tunes very different from us b/c they're Sephardi. Also, they used lettuce for Maror - WHAT?! apparently, alot of other pesach seders in Israel did the same according to my friends. It was really nice to spend pesach with them, but I was still very homesick. The next night was nice though cuz I got to phone into my own Seder at home. It was really quite funny. And I got to speak to my Zayde for a bit too which was so so nice!!! I think we both missed being with our family in Jersey for seder.

Friday - Shira, Deborah, Frannie, Gabrielle, and Yaakov and I went to Nachalat Benyamin in Tel Aviv for the day. Then Shira, Deborah, and I spent shabbas withe the Resnicks in Baka- also SO SO nice!! We went to Shira Chadasha for shul (my first time) which was nice but of course knew a gajillion visitors there - 1/2 hebrew u friends and 1/2 peopel visiting formt he states - including Lynda Bachman which was super nice to see her.

Sat night we went out to dinner and around town and I got to see even more people who were all in visiting - Goldstein, Marla, one of my campers Lili (actually i think i saw her a different night?) - anyhow really nice.

Sunday - Jerusalem Day. Deborah and I celebrated Pesach and Easter in the Old City. We went to the Church of the Holy Sepluchre and walked through the Arab Shuk and also through the Jewish Quarter to the Kotel. We then had a kosher l'pesach lunch with shira on Mamilla - so weird being able to eat out on pesach btw! barely felt like pesach b/c so easy here. Then for dinner we joined a bunch of friends back in the kfar for a bbq. (and then Shira left :( )

Monday - Trip up NORTH.
Heidi, Sara Geboff, Helene, Goldstein, Deborah, Amy, and I
We went to Tiveria - enjoyed the Kinneret. Tried to find the Hot Springs (some of us went in). Enjoyed an awesome dinner overlooking the water.

Tuesday - Woke up early to Bike around teh Kinneret. We didnt do the whole theing but stilll so so fun!! Deborah and I made a pit stop and jumped into the water at one beach which was amazign!! Ps apparently Tiveria is the hot spot for ultra orthodox vacationers over pesach. and a gajillion people campout on the beach.
After our bike ride we made our way to Haifa where we enjoyed the rest of our afternoon/evening outside of our BEAUTFIUL hostel. best hostel ive ever been in!

Wednesday - Deborah and I vistited the Chagall Artist House, hiked up the stairs to the middle ter of the Bahai Gardens and wakled thorugh the garden, met Heidi, Helene and Sara at the Sculpture Garden, joined them on a walking tour of the "cute" streets of Masada and Hillel. "So cute!" ... Then the 2 of us walked back to down to the bottem of the Gardens to see the view up - soo beautiful. We walked down Rechov Ben Gurion in the German Colony and headed to the beach. But the first beach was closed. so we went to the 2nd. it was beautfiul but freezing with the wind. so we ate our matzah and avacado and potato chips and headed back to the hostel and then after chag back to Jerusalem.

And now today. I'm sitting in Kadosh - my fave place obvi and catching up on life.

Photos are in uploading progress so check out fb or picasa soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment